Wednesday, April 20, 2016

GYSD 2016

                                    GYSD (Global Youth Service Day)
                                                 Youth change the world                    
Our iEARN colleagues from Georgia posted the first Global Youth Service Day event pictures. Congratulations to Mzia Gagnidze' s team for a wonderful initiative! Daniela Munca- Aftenev


Gavazi GYSD project team

                                               Final Narrative report

Teacher / School
Narrative
Mzia Gagnidze
Gavazi Public School, Georgia


Number of participants and Beneficiaries

About 20 participants and beneficiaries participated in the project. They were VII grade students, one IV grader volunteer, parents, cemetery guard, school administration.
Date and location



15.04.2016   Gavazi, in Georgia
Short description of activities



Mrs Mzia Gagnidze, IEARN-GEORGIA member, was included in GYSD through IEARN-GEORGIA and the invitation of IEARN-MOLDOVA. She informed the students about GYSD, asked them to take part in the project. After forming the team, we discussed the activities we could do for the community, and we agreed to clean the village cemetery. Soon we are going to celebrate Easter and everybody goes to the cemetery to light candles for their dead relatives and we think they will like it. We choose reporters to share information in youth forum about our steps,made a GYSD poster. Some days before cleaning the cemetery together with three volunteer boys went there and observed what job was there and what materials would be necessary to take with for cleaning. We made a list and shared other students. Parents were involved in the project. They didn’t come with us, but they borrowed us different kinds of tools for cutting, raking, lifting the rubbish. They presented us sacks for rubbish. One of the parents sent us gloves for everybody.We cleaned the cemetery, gathered bottles, broken vases, dry flower bunches, plastic bottles, cut prickles inside an abandoned grave. The cemetery guard helped us to take away the garbage from the cemetery. The day was unforgettable for the children.


Lessons learned


The students learned how to work in team, share and make a decision, respect each other’s opinions. The project helped them to be closer, everyone cared of one another, helped each other carrying sacks.They became more responsible.They returned home excited and proud of themselves.  
                       
                                                     This is what we did
                       We are the 21st century generation.




There were lots of plastic bottles.
Hope community will appreciate our jobThe children worked very hard. They were tired but they were excited. Great day! all of the expressed the willingness to do it again every two months.
The boys worked hard. They cut all the prickles inside an abandoned grave.
Ready for serving the community







8 comments:

  1. I am Khatia Begashvili, GYSD Gavazi member. My friends and I joined the GYSD and decided to clear the cemetery. After observing it we chose what materials we needed. The project taught me how to plan, search and use materials to reach the goals. It taught me to be responsible and caring.
    My parents supported me and praised me to join such an important project. They offered me to help.Thanks Mzia Gagnidze, our English teacher to involve us in such an useful activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Rusudan Tatrishvili, from the VII grade. I was project photographer and artist. GYSD is a world project which joins teenagers to do useful activities for community. Our goal was to clear the village cemetery. It was our choice. My friend Khatia and I drew a poster with the Earth on it. it was our logo. Implementing the project my classmates and I became closer friends. I studied to manage myself and be responsible. It taught me how to do kind jobs. I am proud of our project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and your friends really worked very hard.Thank you very much.

      Delete
  3. I am Mariam Khutsishvili. I liked the project. I studied to take care of the environment. I studied to work in teams. Except cleaning we entertained,played games and took photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Mariami Giorgashvili.The GYSD project is very interesting project. This project learnt me how to defense cleaning our world.My friends and I joined the GYSD and we cleared the cemtery.The project taught me how to work together. To save the community is a very responsible activity.I think people will appriciate our job. Some of them, who heard aboat it thanked us.Our English theacher Mzia Gagnidze helped us to implement the project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariam, I think you wanted to say serve the community and protect the world from pollution.Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  5. I'm Eto Khutsishvili. GYSD is one of the most wonderful projects. It was very interesting and cheerful. It taught me working in team and it helped me to improve a leader's skills. I planned the activity together with my friends and realized it. I will take part in this project next time too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like GYSD project, because I learnt lots of things. I learnt to work with my friends. I learnt English better. And we did a good job. Also, I saw that how people study to protect enviroment. Thanks for my teacher Mzia Gagnidze because she helped us for everything.

    ReplyDelete